What’s in a Commercial Roof Maintenance Plan?
So you’ve made the decision to protect your commercial roof with a maintenance plan. Smart move! Preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure the longevity of your commercial roof. Maybe you’re considering a plan but aren’t sure if it’s worth the cost? It absolutely is—and here’s why.
A high-quality commercial roof maintenance plan will include:
- Regular inspections by roofing professionals. Commercial roofing experts will access your roof and perform a visual inspection, searching for anything that might be amiss. They’ll look for leaks, observable damage to the roof or its components, standing water on the roof surface, loose flashings, and anything that could result in future damage to the roof.
- A debris-free roof. Leaves, branches, or trash delivered by the wind to the roof surface might look like just a bunch of messy clutter, but they can also cause some major trouble, clogging drains and downspouts and allowing water to pool on the roof. This water will eventually find its way into the building. You can avoid a good number of roof problems by simply ensuring that your roof is clear of debris. A maintenance plan includes this service, delivered by experts who know what to look for.
- Necessary repairs. If your roof inspection uncovers a problem, your roofing professionals will then repair it or make a plan to repair it so it doesn’t become worse. Small issues can usually be addressed right away, but larger or emerging problems might require a return visit. Your roofer should discuss with you the options for all repairs to help you decide the best plan to ensure the longevity and performance of your roof.
- Clear documentation. The roofers who perform every inspection will take photos and note any and all changes they observe. A running record of your roof’s condition over time will inform future maintenance decisions, just as a medical record helps inform a patient’s healthcare needs. This record also serves as evidence of the maintenance required by many commercial roof warranties. A good roofing company will also review this record with you and clearly explain any changes they’ve observed.
- Peace of mind. Regular inspections and repairs as part of a commercial roof maintenance plan provide assurance that your roof is and will continue to be in good condition. A sudden severe storm or other incident can cause unexpected damage to your roof, but when you have professionals regularly checking things out and communicating clearly what they find, you can feel confident that your roof will stand the test of time.
If you don’t already have a commercial roof maintenance plan, now’s the time to get one. The cost of a roof replacement far outweighs the cost of a preventative maintenance plan and regular repairs. And a maintenance plan isn’t just good for a brand-new roof—an older roof will see benefits as well. In either case, a commercial roof maintenance plan is designed to save you money and inconvenience in the long run. It’s worth every penny.
Ridgeworth Roofing brings to its commercial roof maintenance plans all of the above—and the best customer service you’ll find in the industry. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help protect your commercial roof and ensure that it stands the test of time.